Island Health has declared two new COVID outbreaks in long-term care homes in Victoria and Chemainus.
In Chemainus, the outbreak is at Chemainus Health Care Centre long-term care in the Harbour Side unit.
Two residents have tested positive in this outbreak.
Island Health says Chemainus Health Care Centre is unaffected by this outbreak and people should not hesitate to seek care if they need it.
In Victoria, there is an outbreak at Selkirk Seniors Village long-term care on the fourth floor Dayton unit.
Two residents have been identified as part of this outbreak.
The third floor of Selkirk Seniors Village previously had an outbreak which was declared over on Jan. 18 with only one resident testing positive.
The following measures have been implemented at the two long-term care homes.
- Essential and single designated visitor visits will continue.
- No congregate dining or group activities.
- Staff movement will be limited wherever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures will continue.
- Patients, families and staff are being notified.
- Enhanced screening of all staff and patients for symptoms.