CHEK currently has the following positions available.
COMMERCIAL WRITER/PRODUCER (Irregular Part-time Relief)
CHEK Media Group is looking for an immediate position of Irregular Part-time relief.
CHEK Television Creative Services is an experienced team of Writers, Producers, Directors, Editors, Graphic Artists, & Camera Technicians. We are experts in developing effective advertising and marketing campaigns across all platforms. We offer our clients, a full-service production facility for the creation of multiple length television commercials, corporate videos, public service announcements, promotion and contesting, image/brand campaigns, long format programming and more.
- Ability to provide achievable creative concept ideas and establish processes to develop, write, produce and direct the production of client image campaigns.
- Support account representatives and prospective commercial clients, with all Pre Production, Production and Post-Production requirements.
- Meet, present, and sell production concepts with prospective clients and account representatives as required.
- Ability to provide achievable creative concept ideas and establish processes to develop, write, produce and direct the production of various creative to meet Commercial client needs for both short and long form broadcast material.
- Have the ability to multi task, formulate, develop, implement and complete creative projects on tight deadlines
- Balance creative concepts with designated budget and resource restrictions
- Have an understanding of industry rate cards and the quoting process with an eye and confidence to increasing production revenue when possible.
- Provide prospective clients with quotes, work back schedules, story board, pre-production booklets and overall pre-planning as required
- Complete monthly invoices, summaries and reports as required
- Have exceptional interpersonal, organization and attention to detail skills
- Have an excellent knowledge of the production process including but not limited to well-honed creative writing skills, production processes/planning, casting, familiarity with HD, directing EFP and Studio shoots, AVID & Adobe Premiere editing; animations and graphics, HD camera operation, field and studio lighting, directing voice over talent, sound design etc.
What We Need From You:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of proven success in television production
- Post-secondary education in television broadcasting or equivalent.
- He/she will be a professional team player with excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop solid client relationships and understand general accounting and budgeting.
- He/she will have the ability to work 3 to 5 days a week and will be flexible on working longer than an 8 hour day or over weekends, dependent on client production’s needs.
- He/she will have the ability to operate and shoot a Canon C100 camera and associated audio and production gear.
- Will also have the ability to travel when required.
This position would be under the collective agreement in a Group 2 position.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by March 23, 2018 to:
Peggy Heyer, Director of Finance/HR Manager
CHEK Media Group