Facebook/Victoria Humane Society
UPDATE: The Victoria Humane Society says a 16-week old puppy that suffered acute liver failure after eating mushrooms has died.
The society’s Penny Stone said on Wednesday that the purebred chocolate lab puppy had received an emergency transfusion that afternoon.
His chances for survival were put at fifty-fifty.
This morning the Society posted an update to its Facebook page, “Sad News, our little boy passed away this morning.”
They also thanked the VCA Canada Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital, “who, as always, went above and beyond to try and save this little boy .. it just wasn’t meant to be.”