Island Health is declaring one new COVID outbreak and declaring another over in Nanaimo health care facilities.
Wexford Creek long-term care home has a new outbreak declared, which is limited to the first floor of the facility.
Four residents have tested positive in this outbreak.
Health care facilities with active outbreaks have the following outbreak response protocols implemented:
- Essential visits and single designated visitor visits will continue;
- No congregate dining or group activities;
- Staff movement will be limited wherever possible;
- Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures will continue;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- Enhanced screening of all staff and patients for symptoms.
The outbreak at Nanaimo Seniors Village on the assisted living side has now been declared over.
The outbreak was declared on Jan. 25, and in total 15 residents tested positive at this facility.
The outbreak on the long-term care side of Nanaimo Seniors Village remains active.