Multiple BC Ferries sailings between Vancouver Island and the mainland have been cancelled because of adverse weather conditions.
The sailings are cancelled for the majority of Monday, Oct. 25 from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay, Tsawwassen to Duke Point, Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, and Comox to Powell River in anticipation of high winds, according to BC Ferries.
Sailings have been cancelled from as early as 5:15 a.m. departing Tsawwassen to Duke Point and Duke Point to Tsawwassen, and as late as 1 p.m. from Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay and Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay, according to BC Ferries service notice page.
A list of the cancelled ferries for Oct. 25 is below:
- Queen of Alberni and Coastal Inspiration
- 5:15 a.m. departing Tsawwassen
- 5:15 a.m. departing Duke Point
- 7:45 a.m. departing Tsawwassen
- 7:45 a.m. departing Duke Point
- Queen of Cowichan and Queen of Oak Bay
- 6:15 am departing Horseshoe Bay
- 6:15 am departing Departure Bay
- 8:25 am departing Horseshoe Bay
- 8:25 am departing Departure Bay
- 10:40 am departing Horseshoe Bay
- 10:40 am departing Departure Bay
- 1:00 pm departing Horseshoe Bay
- 1:00 pm departing Departure Bay
- Coastal Celebration and Spirit of B.C.
- 7:00 am departing Swartz Bay
- 7:00 am departing Tsawwassen
- 9:00 am departing Swartz Bay
- 9:00 am departing Tsawwassen
- Salish Orca
- 6:15 am departing Little River (Comox)
- 8:05 am departing Westview (Powell River)
- 9:55 am departing Little River (Comox)
- 11:50 am departing Westview (Powell River)
For more information on which ferries have been cancelled, visit the BC Ferries service notice page.
BC Ferries says customers with bookings will have their bookings cancelled and fully refunded and travel will revert to a standby basis.
The ferry organization recommends customers follow BC Ferries on Twitter for the most current conditions.