Island Health has added five Greater Victoria schools to their COVID-19 exposure list.
The five schools have been added since Nov. 5 in both the city of Victoria and North Saanich.
A list of the schools can be found below:
- Reynolds Secondary School — located on Borden Street in Victoria — on Nov. 8, 9 and 1o.
- Gordon Head Middle School — located on Kenmore Road in Victoria — on Nov. 10.
- Spencer Middle School — located on Goldstream Avenue in Victoria — on Nov. 8, 9, and 10.
- Keating Elementary — located on Central Saanich Road in Victoria — on Nov. 8, 9, and 10.
- Kelset Elementary — located on Forest Park Drive in North Saanich — on Nov. 5, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15 and 16.
An exposure is defined by Island Health as a single person with a lab-confirmed COVID-19 infection who attended school during their infectious period.
Island Health says a child can continue to attend school if a parent or guardian does not receive a phone call or letter from public health.
Should a parent or guardian see a notification on Island Health’s school exposure site, it does not necessarily mean their child has been exposed to COVID-19.