Police in Saanich are appealing to the public for more information about a series of assaults that reportedly took place last month.
Saanich PD said in a media release issued Tuesday that their detectives have been investigating a handful of “unprovoked assaults” against people not known to the suspect – a man in his ’30s.
Police said the assaults have taken place over the past year and are looking for victims and witnesses to two alleged assaults that took place on June 12.
The first assault took place between 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. at an Esso gas station on the corner of McKenzie Avenue and Shelbourne Street. The second assault took place around 11 p.m. in an area near Shelbourne Street and Kenmore Road.
Saanich PD said officers attended the area but never actually found any victims.
“We believe there are two to three people that were victims of an assault or attempted assault
that evening and are hoping they are able to come forward and speak to us. If you were the
victim of either of these assaults, we understand that this might be difficult for you however,
we are here to support you and will work with you through the process,” Const. Markus Anastasiades of the Saanich PD said in a press release.
Saanich PD are asking victims or witnesses to call them at 250-475-4321.
In a brief e-mailed statement to CHEK, Anastasiades said they cannot provide further information about the suspect at this time because charges have not been sworn.
The assaults are all physical force, no weapons involved,” he added in a follow-up e-mail.
Anastasiades said Saanich PD are aware of five victims connected to other assaults that took place but are still looking for victims from the June 12 assaults. He said none of the assaults are sexual in nature.