RCMP are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect allegedly responsible for a sexual assault in Duncan on Wednesday.
A woman told police she was walking along trails near the Trans-Canada Highway between Chaster Road and Boys Road when she was pulled into the woods and sexually assaulted.
The suspect is described as a:
- Caucasian male mid 30s
- short dark brown hair
- dark brown facial hair in the shape of a goatee
- 5’7″ to 5’8″ in height
- approximately 200 lbs in weight
- athletic average build
Police say that at the time of incident, he was described as wearing black cargo shorts, white t-shirt and black sunglasses.
The RCMP remind the public to please follow all safety precautions while out walking including:
- Do not wear your headphones
- Do not walk alone or in dark areas
- Travel in well-lit and populated areas
- Report any suspicious activity to your local police immediately
If you have any further information, please call North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP at 250-748-5522 or Crime Stoppers at l 1-800-222-8477.