Skittles, now 10-weeks-old, was adopted on Feb. 12, 2019. (Penny Stone/Victoria Humane Society)

Skittles, now 10-weeks-old, was adopted on Feb. 12, 2019. (Penny Stone/Victoria Humane Society)

Skittles, the puppy that was saved with a naloxone injection back in January, has been adopted by a Victoria family.

Then three-weeks-old, Skittles arrived unresponsive to the VCA Canada Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital four weeks ago. Dr. Christin MacIntyre and veterinary staff administered NARCAN, a nasal form of naloxone used to treat a known or suspected opioid overdose.

Penny Stone, executive director of the Victoria Humane Society, said the Shih Tzu/Chihuahua/Pug cross has made a full recovery and was living with a foster family.

Then one day before Valentine’s Day, 10-week-old Skittles went to his new “furever” home. His new “furever family” includes a 14-year-old, an 11-year-old and a beagle/jack terrier mix adopted from the Victoria Humane Society a year-and-a-half ago.

“He’s so adorable, so cute,” said mom Kelly Czmielewski.

“He was at ease pretty much immediatly.”

Czmielewski said Skittles is learning by example from the other dog and like a typical puppy, loves to play and sleep.

The family is discussing whether they want to keep the name “Skittles” or change it to “Chipit,” like the Hershey’s chocolate.

CHEK News