Victoria Police is also warning the public of a high-risk sex offender that has been released from Corrections Canada custody and will be living in Victoria.
41-year-old Cameron Ratelle is a court-designated dangerous offender deemed a high-risk to re-offend.
ALERT | High risk sex offender Cameron Ratelle has been released from Corrections Canada custody and will be living in #yyj. He is a court-designated dangerous offender deemed a high-risk to re-offend. #yyj (1/3) pic.twitter.com/KNHrBvdKD2
— Victoria Police (@vicpdcanada) October 17, 2020
In a release Friday night, Victoria Police says Ratelle has a history of violent sexual offences against young women, and targets women between the ages of 16-to-25.
Ratelle is described as a black man standing 5’8″ tall, weighing 200 pounds with a heavy build.
Police say he has dark shaved hair, brown eyes and wears hearing aids.
Ratelle has completed his sentence for sexual assault and is bound by the following conditions of release:
- Not to attend the property of any educational institute or school of any kind, unless he has the prior written approval of his parole supervisor;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume alcohol;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume non-prescription drugs;
- Not to purchase, possess, acquire, or access pornography or sexually explicit material;
- Not to access the internet or any electronic device with internet capabilities;
- Not to be in the presence of any female under the age of 18 without permission from a parole officer;
- Immediately report any attempt to initiate a sexual or non-sexual relationship with females to his parole supervisor;
- Must reside at a community correctional centre or community residential facility that is approved by Correctional Service of Canada.
Victoria Police asks anyone who sees Cameron Ratelle breaching these conditions to call 911 and to not approach him.
You can also call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.