RCMP are asking the public to keep an eye out for a man who is wanted on more than a dozen warrants across Vancouver Island.
Police are searching for Brett Bystrom, 37, who is wanted on 16 warrants originating from six different RCMP detachments on the Island.
The warrants come from the following communities:
- Five warrants from the Port Alberni RCMP – regarding theft, possession of counterfeit money and failing to appear in court
- Two warrants from Ucluelet RCMP – including assaulting a peace officer, resisting a police officer, and use and possession of counterfeit money
- Three warrants from Comox Valley RCMP – including theft under $5,000, failing to attend court and use of counterfeit money
- One warrant from Nanaimo RCMP for flight from police
- One warrant from the North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP for assault
- Four warrants from the Ladysmith RCMP for breach of release
Bystrom is described as a white man who stands 5’9” and weighs 150 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact their local police or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.