One man remains in custody after disturbing dog death

One man remains in custody after disturbing dog death
WatchOne man remains in custody after a disturbing incident that left a dog dead yesterday. As of now no charges have been laid, but Victoria Police are pleading to the public for patience as the investigation continues to unfold.

One man remains in custody after a police incident Monday.

Victoria Police were called to the 1300 block of Hillside avenue at around 4 p-m Monday after reports came in of an incident involving a dog. Officers arrived to a man barricaded in an apartment suite and a dog, dead on the property. After a nearly three-hour-standoff, the suspect unexpectedly exited the building.

“Our officers asked him to then obey some commands so that we could control him and safely take him into custody and he refused to follow those commands so one of our officers deployed the ARWEN gun, two rounds of the ARWEN and he was safely then into custody,” said Victoria Police Chief Del Manak.

Police say the dog did not belong to the suspect. The man is also believed to be involved in a break and enter that was reported by the dog’s owners earlier that day.

Today the suspect’s Neighbors remain stunned by what they witnessed. “I did see them rolling the little puppy off the lawn and it was hard to watch,” said a neighbour of the suspect Sirkku Paroline.

“He just seemed like a really gentle, withdrawn person, very nice, like I didn’t anything like that would ever happen like that,” added Paroline.

Police say there has been a large outcry online in regards to the suspect, and are urging the public to let the investigation play out. “By really calling out this individual and making some comments is not helping the Victoria Police. We will that the right thing is done and that this person is held accountable for their actions,” said Manak

As of now, no charges have been laid against the suspect who remains in police custody.


Ben NesbitBen Nesbit

Recent Stories

Send us your news tips and videos!