No injuries or major damage after dryer fire at Christie’s Pub


A dryer that caught fire at Christie’s Carriage House Pub on Fort Street around 10 a.m. Saturday caused no injuries or major damage to the business.

The Victoria Fire Department says someone was drying rags in the machine when they caught fire. First responders credit the minimal damage to the employees who quickly contacted 911.

One person was treated with oxygen for smoke inhalation.

“[An employee] noticed smoke and they called us right away,” said Wayne Moody, a battalion chief at the Victoria Fire Department.

“We’ve had oily rags in the past washed and heated dry that have caught on fire, we had these type of calls before.”

A fire broke out around 10 a.m. at Christie's Pub

A fire broke out around 10 a.m. at Christie’s Pub

The pub says they are open and on social media thanked the Victoria fire department for their quick response.

Julian KolsutJulian Kolsut

Recent Stories

Send us your news tips and videos!