Video submitted by Eric Tewkesbury
Fire crews have been working to calm a single-home blaze that sparked Friday morning in the Lake Cowichan area.
The incident occurred at approximately 11 a.m. on Nov. 27 in a neighbourhood called The Slopes.
Lake Cowichan Fire Department responded to reports of a house up in flames located along the 400-block of Mountain View Drive, which is near the intersection of Winter Dr. and Youbou Rd.
Witnesses told CHEK News that “a single explosion rocked neighbourhood houses on Neva Rd,” also located within the area of Mountain View Dr.
At this time, firefighters believe that the house fire was caused by the eruption of a propane tank, however, this has not been confirmed.
A video sent to CHEK shows flames shooting out the roof of a home, which has been engulfed by a structure fire.
Multiple fire trucks are on scene, along with RCMP and BC Emergency Health Services.
In the video clip, firefighters can be seen attacking the blaze while residents of the area watch on.
It is uncertain if anyone was harmed as a result of the fire.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is learned.