An early morning fire in Victoria has shut down traffic along Cook Street on Tuesday.
A fire sparked inside a residential home after 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Heavy smoke could be seen billowing out of the second floor of the property while firefighters attacked the blaze from the street.
The house sustained significant damage on the inside of the structure due to the fire.
Authorities have shut down Cook Street between Princess Avenue and Caledonia Avenue, in the area near Royal Athletic Park.
Firefighters are still on scene as of 9:15 a.m. and hoping to open traffic along Cook Street as soon as possible.
At this time, it is unclear what sparked the fire, although CHEK News was told it started in the kitchen.
No one was injured as a result of the blaze and all residents made it outside of the building safely.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is learned.