Emergency crews have a large fire burning near Edward Milne Community School in Sooke under control.
Fire crews from Otter Point, Sooke and Metchosin were sent to contain the blaze.
Witnesses say it was from a building with a propane filling station. Smoke from the fire can be seen across the municipality.
Police have bocked off Edward Milne Road.
Otter Point fire was called out to assist with the incident around 5:30 p.m.
Wishing you all a safe night – that fire looks huge from across sookebasin pic.twitter.com/P8bcO4zG7L
— Wildergarden (@WildergardenBC) February 18, 2019
More to come