alert tone and hear or see a message on radio, TV, and compatible wireless devices. The message will read, “This is a TEST of the British Columbia Emergency Alerting System, issued by Emergency Management British Columbia. This is ONLY a TEST. If this had been an actual emergency or threat, you would now hear instructions that would assist you to protect you and your family. For further information go to www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca. This is ONLY a TEST, no action is required.” Alert Ready Emergency Alert System says if you received a text message notifying you of the test, it does not guarantee you can receive the alerts. Emergency Management BC (EMBC) says for emergency alerts to be received on a wireless device, it must be:Compatible wireless devices, TVs and radios will be sounding off May 8 as another Alert Ready test is planned. The Alert Ready emergency system will be tested in all provinces and territories at 1:55 p.m. local time May 8. During the test, the public will hear an
- A smartphone that is able to use the LTE (or 4G) network for high-speed wireless communication;
- Wireless Public Alerting compatible;
- Have up-to-date software;
- Connected to an LTE cellular network at the time the emergency alert is issued; and
- Within the emergency alert area.