The first of two opportunities for voters in Duncan and North Cowichan to cast advance ballots in the upcoming amalgamation referendum takes place on Wednesday.
Eligible voters will be able to vote between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Duncan residents should go to Duncan City Hall at 200 Craig Street.
North Cowichan Residents should head to North Cowichan Municipal Hall at 7030 Trans-Canada Highway.
Those who wish to vote in advance of the June 23rd referendum will have another chance to do so at the same locations on Tuesday, June 19th.
There will also be mobile voting on Wednesday for tenants of the following facilities.
- Duncan Kiwanis Village, 365 Day Road – 8:15 am to 10:00 am
- Sunridge Place, 361 Bundock Avenue – 10:30 am to 1:15 pm
- Sherwood House, 280 Government Street – 2:00 pm to 4:45 pm
To be eligible to vote:
- you are 18 or older on general voting day;
- you are a Canadian citizen;
- you have lived in British Columbia for at least six months;
- you have lived in the Municipality of North Cowichan or Duncan for at least 30 days;
- you are not disqualified from voting in an election, or otherwise disqualified by law.