Two new COVID-19 cases have been identified related to an outbreak at a long-term care home in Victoria.
Island Health reported two additional staff members at Sunset Lodge long-term care home have tested positive for COVID-19 Friday, according to an announcement from Island Health Saturday.
They say five staff members in total have tested positive but no residents are experiencing symptoms and there’s a low amount of risk.
Island Health will have additional presence at the site to make more actions, according to the announcement.
The following steps are underway as a part of the outbreak response:
- Admissions, transfers and social visits will be on hold while the outbreak is in effect;
- Resident and staff movement will be limited;
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care;
- Mask use is required for all staff;
- Social visitors will be restricted but essential visits may occur;
- Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures continue;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents continues;
- COVID-19 testing will be done for staff and symptomatic residents.
The outbreak at Sunset Lodge was declared on Aug. 27. Island Health says they will continue to work with leadership and staff to respond to the outbreak.