The Victoria Humane Society says an eight-week-old puppy is ready for adoption after being brought back to life from an apparent overdose three weeks ago.
In a Facebook post, the society says “Skittles” arrived “flat and unresponsive” at VCA Canada Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital emergency three weeks ago.
The post gives credit to the fast actions of Dr. Christin MacIntyre and veterinary staff for administering NARCAN, a nasal form of naloxone used to treat a known or suspected opioid overdose.
Officials say Skittles “popped back to life” after the treatment and said Thursday night that he is doing great and is ready for a new home.
Oaklands Veterinary Hospital posted a video Friday morning of Skittles playing with the clinic’s resident ferret “Goose”.
Skittles is believed to be a Shih Tzu/Puggle mix and is currently six pounds, expected to small or medium when grown.
The Victoria Humane Society says if you are interested in adopting Skittles can fill out an application on its website.