Rain could turn into snow overnight in Greater Victoria as the temperature goes down to 0 C in Greater Victoria. According to Environment Canada, there is a 40 per cent chance of flurries and about two centimetres of snow predicted for late Wednesday evening. There is also a 40 per cent chance of flurries for Thursday morning with a high of plus 5 C and cloudy periods. Elsewhere on Vancouver Island, there is a 30 per cent chance of flurries in Nanaimo for Wednesday followed by periods of snow (two to four centimetres) overnight with a low of – 1 C. There is a 60 per cent chance of flurries for Thursday morning. Like Greater Victoria, Campbell River has a 40 per cent chance of flurries Wednesday evening with periods of snow beginning close to midnight. Two to four centimetres is expected with a low of -1 C. There is a 60 per cent chance of flurries for Thursday morning. Mainroad North Island Contracting said two to four centimetres is expected in their coverage area later Wednesday evening. Mainroad crews will be doing snow removal operations on all highways until roads are clear. Temperatures are expected to rise later in the week and into next week.