Langford mobile home fire displaces mom, son, 2 cats

Langford mobile home fire displaces mom, son, 2 cats
Langford Fire
Firefighters were called to a mobile home fire on Wilhelmina Way on Nov. 29, 2023.

A mom, son and two cats are living in temporary accommodation after their Langford mobile home caught fire.

Chris Aubrey, Langford’s fire chief, says around 1 a.m. the pair were doing Christmas crafts in their home on Wilhelmina Way when some spray glue got too close to a heat source and caught fire.

The family had to run to the neighbours to call 911, and it was quite a way from the home. Neither the mom or son were injured in the fire.

Since the home was quite a ways away, the mom reported a fully engulfed fire, as she assumed the rest of the home would have caught fire in the time it took to get to the neighbours.

When firefighters arrived, they did not find a fully engulfed fire, but upon entry to the home, they found a fire in the living room of the mobile home.

The firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, and once the family returned to the unit, they reported that there were two cats inside the mobile home.

Luckily, the cats had hidden away from the fire and were unharmed and did not suffer from smoke inhalation.

Aubrey says most of the damage to the home is due to smoke and the water used in extinguishing the flames, but the home will need restoration before the family can move back in.

Laura BroughamLaura Brougham

Recent Stories

Send us your news tips and videos!