On what would have been its second day operating, Hullo has cancelled all sailings for Tuesday and announced plans for a reduced schedule through to the end of the month.
Sailings on Monday were cancelled due to power outages and strong wind. On Tuesday the company says all sailings are cancelled due to a “deliberate and measured approach to ensuring long term safety and reliability for the service.”
The company says sailings will start on Wednesday, though not with the previously planned eight daily sailings. Instead, there will be two leaving Nanaimo at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and two leaving Vancouver at noon and 6:30 p.m. at least until the end of August.
“Every new operation has a bedding-in period to effectively set its systems and procedures for long term stability. Today’s conditions gave us better insight into several processes that we could better operationalize, and we are taking the time to do just that with the safety and well-being of our passengers at top of mind,” Rupesh Amin, co-founder of Hullo said in a statement on Monday.
With the revised schedule for Hullo, the company says passengers booked on the previously planned 6 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. leaving Nanaimo, and 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. leaving Vancouver sailings will be contacted and rescheduled.
“Our long-term vision is not only to be a transportation provider but a pillar of reliability and trust in the community. With this commitment in mind, we eagerly await the moment when we can welcome you aboard, assuring a journey that melds safety with unparalleled service,” Alastair Caddick, CEO of Hullo said in a statement.