Photo courtesy CBC.

Photo courtesy CBC.

Fortis BC is reminding its natural gas customers to inspect their appliances regularly after 13 people were taken to hospital Wednesday with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fortis spokesperson Scott Neufeld says a problem was detected with the boiler at the office building on West Fifth Avenue in Vancouver, between Fir and Pine Streets.

Emergency Health Services says paramedics responded to a report of a collapsed person in the building just before 10 a.m.

Monitors paramedics wear to detect the gas were activated for responding crews.

Carbon monoxide is colourless and odorless.

Vancouver Coastal Health said two people were taken to hospital in critical condition, but 12 of the 13 people poisoned had been released from care.

The final person was listed in stable condition Wednesday night.

Five people airlifted to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Barriere Thursday morning

Paramedics were called to a home in Barriere, north of Kamloops, of a report of carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday morning.

Two adults and five children have been airlifted to hospital in Vancouver after the call came around 7:30 a.m.

The patients’ conditions have not been released.

With files from CBC and the Canadian Press.

CHEK