The Port Alberni Fire Department is considering a fire sparked Saturday across from their hall as suspicious.

Officers responded to the blaze on 10th avenue at 5:50 a.m. and arrived to find a camper fully engulfed in flames.

The fire was also threatening a adjacent detached garage. It was eventually extinguished but did cause some damaged to the structure.

A security camera at the nearby fire hall captured footage of the fire and first-responders arriving.

“According to the residents of the main house an undesired individual showed up during the night. Then it was probably three hours later we got called for the structure fire,” said Mike Owens Port Alberni Fire Department Chief.

The trailer was also not hooked up to any utilities, including propane.

The incident has been handed over to Port Alberni RCMP for further investigation.

Tim Ford