Following a structure fire in the 700 block of Massie Drive, paramedics brought one person to the hospital in stable condition.
BC Emergency Health Services sent two ambulances to the scene, which Langford Fire and West Shore RCMP also attended, at 6:42 a.m on Sept. 22.
Simon Chadwick, assistant fire chief with Langford Fire, says there were six people inside the house at the time of the fire, and all were able to exit the building on their own.
He says the cause of the fire was accidental and it was a mattress on fire in the downstairs bedroom.
By 7:50 a.m. the scene of the fire was cleared, according to BC RCMP.
Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story says the patient was brought to hospital in critical condition. BC EHS later clarified with further evaluation the person was in stable condition.