A fire in Campbell River on Sunday morning has displaced one resident and significantly damaged a home.
The fire was at a private residence in the 200 block of Carnegie Street at approximately 9:15 a.m.
The Campbell River Fire Department attended the scene and say that the fire began in the kitchen, causing significant damage.
The Fire Department also says that one tenant was home a the time but was able to escape through a basement door. The tenant is currently in the care of Emergency Support Services and has been displaced due to fire and smoke damage to the home.
No injuries were reported from the fire.
Fire Chief Thomas Doherty says there were no working smoke alarms in the building, and added that the tenant is “very lucky to have escaped.”