Three men have been injured following an home invasion in the 600 block of Howard Avenue Sunday in Nanaimo.
RCMP responded just after 7 a.m. and arrived to find three occupants, ranging from the ages of 23 to 47, had been assaulted.
One victim received several strikes to his body with a bat, including strikes to his head, but left with non-life threatening injuries.
RCMP are still searching for the suspects that they say fled in an unknown vehicle.
Mounties also say incident appears to be targeted, and the suspects forced their way in to the home.
?Investigators believe this incident is a result of an ongoing feud between two groups and was a targeted attack. It is also in no way related to the shooting incident from Saturday January 13th,” said Constable Gary O’Brien of the Nanaimo RCMP in a statement.
All the victims were treated by B.C. Paramedics for various injuries and transported to a local hospital, they are expected to be released by Sunday evening.
The upstairs tenant was told to remain indoors when police arrived, as the incident involved the lower rental unit.
Anyone with information is asked to call Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.