Six displaced after BBQ fire in James Bay in Victoria

Submitted
Victoria firefighters were called to a house on Ontario Street after a BBQ explosion caused a fire.

Six people are displaced after a BBQ fire damaged their home in James Bay in Victoria.

A spokesperson for the city says crews received the call just after 8:20 p.m. on Sunday that a BBQ exploded and caused a fire on Ontario Street.

The Victoria Fire Department responded with seven apparatus and 21 firefighters and arrived to heavy smoke and fire.

Crews were on scene for several hours battling the blaze and there were no significant injuries.

The spokesperson says the fire was accidental.

Laura Brougham

Recent Stories

Send us your news tips and videos!