CHEK is looking for a highly competitive and experienced digital news editor to develop and champion its digital-first strategy.
The position is for 16 hours per week Saturdays and Sundays. From time to time the successful applicant will back up the weekday Digital News Editor.
- Experienced multimedia journalist
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree
- Video editing and graphics skills an asset
- Responsible for creation and editing of online content and social media
- Work with news team to ensure content is customized for maximize value on each platform
- Develop and implement strategies to grow distribution on current and emerging social media
- Work with digital team in redevelopment of website and app
- Analyze digital metrics
This is a new position reporting to news director, Scott Fee.
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Please submit a resume and covering letter by June 21, 2019 directly to:
Human Resource Manager
CHEK Media Group
E-Mail: [email protected]