CHEK is expanding its already significant digital presence. We are looking for a talented, innovative, digital news editor to improve on-line delivery, develop and grow our audience reach and improve interaction.
This position includes regular weekend shifts.
- Experienced multimedia journalist.
- Relevant post secondary diploma or degree.
- Excels under pressure.
- Video editing and graphics skills an asset.
- Lead, support and motivate a team of journalists in digital first strategy.
- Responsible for creation and editing of on-line content and social media.
- Work with news team to ensure content is customized for maximize value on each platform.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow distribution on current and emerging social media.
- Analyze digital metrics.
This position reports to the News Director, Scott Fee.
CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada. It has the most watched news and the highest online engagement on Vancouver Island.
Full-time employees of CHEK are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by January 24 2020 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager
CHEK Media Group