The Capital Regional District says a hazmat response team was deployed to Victoria General Hospital after harmful fumes spewed into the air Wednesday morning.
The CRD tells CHEK News that a recycling truck operator was compacting supposedly empty containers on site and was “impacted negatively” by emitted fumes.
Around noon, the truck was sealed off and the hazardous response team was en route at the request of View Royal fire crews, according to the CRD.
Emergency crews, including West Shore RCMP, were still on scene at 1:30 p.m.
An Island Health spokesperson tells CHEK News no patients or staff were impacted by the incident.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.