HSBC Canada Women’s Sevens Ball Carrier Contest, powered by CHEK Sports, Conditions
THE HSBC CANADA WOMEN’S SEVENS BALL CARRIER FACEBOOK CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN BRITISH COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. IT IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ONLY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must:
a. be a legal resident of the province of British Columbia; and
b. be the parent or legal guardian of child between the ages of 7 and 12 years old and agree to sign on their behalf all necessary documentation in respect of this Contest, including entry forms and releases.
This contest is promoted by CHEK Sports and the Prize is provided by HSBC Bank Canada. Employees of CHEK Media Group Ltd and the prize supplier (collectively, the “Sponsors“), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
CHEK reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant at its sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins when the contest is announced during the broadcast of CHEK SPORTS on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, and closes at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
a. Click “FOLLOW” on the CHEK News Facebook page and @CanadaSevens facebook page for your chance to win. No entries will be accepted by any other means. By “Liking” and ‘Following”, you enter and agree to comply with all rules and regulations governing this contest promotion and all prizes offered. You also acknowledge that this contest is in no way associated with, administered by, or endorsed by Facebook.
b. Entrants must comment on why their child would make a great Ball Carrier (please do not mention or tag your child by name)
c. Multiple entries by the same person shall result in disqualification. Entries must be received no later than the end of the applicable Contest Period. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected to receive a Prize (defined below).
4. PRIZE. (3) Three Winners will be chosen in a random draw from all entries receive. Each prize consists of the following:
a. The experience of running out onto the field during the HSBC Canada Women’s Rugby Sevens’ tournament May 12, 2019, and delivering the match ball to the referee
b. Winning child will also receive a full kit to wear consisting of a T-shirt, Shorts and socks
c. (4) tickets to HSBC Canada Women’s Rugby Sevens’ tournament May 12, 2019 (the ball carrier and 3 guests)
d. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. Approximate retail value of tickets is $120. The value of the experience is priceless.
5. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be randomly selected on Monday May 6, 2019 from all “Follows” received on or before the Contest closing date. Before being declared a Winner with respect to the Contest, the selected potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign a release and execute a skill testing question. The odds of being selected as a potential Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Period.
6. RELEASE. Each Winner’s parent or guardian will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (a “Release”) that confirms: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, the entrant gives full permission for CHEK Television to have access to their Facebook name, their Facebook profile and any other information they have made public on Facebook. By entering the Contest, the entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. DISCLAIMER. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to CHEK and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used only for the purpose of the contest.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any computer, online, or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry. Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Facebook users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Sponsors, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
10. CONDUCT. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at www.cheknews.ca and made available at reception at CHEK News located at 780 Kings Road, Victoria, B.C. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of CHEK, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CHEK reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) and/or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CHEK FACEBOOK PAGE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to the Sponsors the right to: (a) use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting potential Winners; and (b) use his/her Personal Information, photograph, likeness, voice, Prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media now known or hereafter devised without compensation unless prohibited by law. The Sponsors will use the entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the BC Privacy Act.
12. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are official Contest Rules and are subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.