Here at CHEK Media we are expanding at a rapid rate. CHEK Media is Victoria, BC’s leading television broadcast and video production company. We are a multi-platform operation that serves local, regional, and national clients. CHEK Media is employee-owned and operated with a stellar 65-year+ history across Vancouver Island and reaching viewers not only on Vancouver Island but across the Lower Mainland and via satellite across Canada.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales and Marketing Executive for a rare opportunity to join our team at CHEK Media. If you love to work with people and build business relationships while helping your clients build their business, you could be the person we are looking for.
You will work alongside a strong, creative, and mature local sales team. The Sales and Marketing Executive will bring innovation, passion, and creativity to implement sales and marketing opportunities to support our local clients.
Working directly with local business owners, you will develop strong, trusting long-term partnerships. You will identify new clients’ needs and demonstrate how CHEK’s television and digital marketing platforms will support their business goals.
- Developing new business while initially working with and maintaining an existing list of active clients
- Building lasting partnerships with local businesses and developing sales and marketing campaigns that will support their businesses and provide them measurable ROI • Developing, and executing sales of promotional packages such as commercial campaigns, program sponsorships and digital advertising opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the sales and commercial production teams to sell available commercial and sponsorship inventory
- Promoting digital sales opportunities through the CHEK website, CHEK+ streaming service, social media, and online advertising spaces.
- Account management, coordinating creative and promotional activities related to the client list and maintaining account records
- Representing CHEK TV in the business community and an effective ambassador of CHEK Media
- Meeting station budget objectives and goals
The position requires a person, preferably with Broadcast media sales experience who:
- Minimum of Sales and Marketing experience
- Understands the basic principles of marketing and enjoys the challenges of selling • Is confident in their ability to prospect for new clients and interpreting client needs • Demonstrates creativity while making sales presentations
- Has versatile computer skills
- Has excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Is self motivated and driven to overachieve
- Results driven with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Has strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and is an effective problem solver • Is a team player who can work effectively with colleagues and management • Knowledge of web and multi platform advertising is a definite asset
- Is an enthusiastic individual who loves an environment that is challenging, creative and fun. What we offer
- This is a full-time non-unionized position
- Remote work in the Victoria region with required client visits.
- Occasional onsite meetings at Chek media and occasional island travel
- Primarily Monday to Friday, some weekends may be required as needed.
- Full extended health care benefits
- Reports to General Sales and Marketing Manager
- Base Salary, plus commission.
- CHEK is an employee-owned company and investment in the company is required. • Please note employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by September 15th, 2022, to HR Manager Jen Spencer at j[email protected].
CHEK is an equal opportunity employer, that values diversity of people and communities. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and cultures to apply.