CHEK Media Group is looking for a well-rounded industry professional to join our team on a part-time relief basis. This hybrid role is for a versatile individual who can fill in positions across multiple departments such as News, Production and Broadcast Operations. This role requires someone who has strong shooting and editing abilities alongside an interest in learning a variety of broad media technologies. You must be a great team player who works well with clients, on-air talent, and technical team members.
If you’re up for the challenge of this multi-faceted role, consider the following opportunity to play a part in building the future of independent television on Vancouver Island.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Edit short and long form video on the Adobe Creative platform
- Shoot, light and direct video to create professional broadcast content for broadcast news and commercial production
- Ensure reliable playback of television service, commercial content and edit playlist as required
- Ingest, segment, and check audio of new on-air shows
- Ensure picture and sound of media meets broadcast standards
- Operate Audio board during Newscast
- Perform control room duties such as switching and graphic creation
- May be required to work evenings, over-nights, weekends, and holidays
- This list is not inclusive to all potential job duties within the broadcast centre
This position would be under the collective agreement with salary commensurate to experience level.
Please submit a resume, demo reel and cover letter by November 15th, 2022 to: Jenn Spencer, HR Manager. [email protected]