CHEK News in Victoria has an immediate opportunity for a fulltime multimedia journalist position. This position will include working regular weekends.
- Journalism degree or diploma
- Skilled in writing, shooting, editing, and reporting news
- Demonstrates skills in writing and producing for digital platforms
- Sound news judgement and ability to work under the pressures of deadlines
- Ability to generate, write and chase stories
- Strong understanding of Vancouver Island and surrounding region
- A passion for current events and storytelling
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Positive attitude with a strong team player skill set
This is a Group 2 position under the current collective agreement.
This is a position reporting to News Director, Scott Fee.
CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada.
All Full-time employees of CHEK are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
Please submit a resume, covering letter and demo link by June 21 2021 to:
Peggy Heyer, Director of Finance/HR Manager
CHEK Media Group