CHEK is growing and we are looking for a strong storyteller who loves news. It’s a terrific opportunity to join our creative, experienced, and skilled newsroom. Based in Victoria, CHEK is the number one multimedia outlet on Vancouver Island and one of the most watched stations in the region. Enjoy a rare work-life balance in this industry, with a four-day work week and a weekend rotation.
- You love news
- Thrive under tight deadlines
- Know what it takes to make a story pop and be engaging for our audience
- Love finding stories and creating new angles to ongoing coverage
- Take pride in how you shoot, edit and write your reports
- Love to be part of a team and create a positive working environment
- Strong understanding of Vancouver Island and the surrounding region
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
This is a Group 2 position under the current collective agreement.
This is a position reporting to News Director, Scott Fee.
CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada.
All full-time employees of CHEK are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
Please submit a resume, covering letter and demo link by May 30, 2022 to:
Peggy Heyer, Director of Finance/HR Manager