CHEK has served Vancouver Island since 1956. It was the first private TV station in BC. In September 2009, with overwhelming support from communities across Vancouver Island, CHEK
employees and local investors purchased the station to ensure the Island’s most watched news remained on-air. In January 2010, the employees of CHEK NEWS were honored with a national award for Journalistic Integrity by the Canadian Journalism Foundation.
There is an immediate opening for an Irregular Part-time Master Control/Production Operator in the CHEK Operations Department. This position will report to the Director of Operations, Jason
Sokoloski. The successful applicant will be required to work both in Master and Production Control as required.
- This is a group 2 position under the current collective agreement
- Ensure reliable playback of programming and commercial content and edit playlist as required.
- Ingest, segment, and check audio and video levels on media from various formats and sources, to ensure optimal playback quality.
- Duties will include working in either Master Control, or Production Control, specifically operating the audio mixer, or the switcher during live productions.
- Additional duties as required
- 2+ years of experience working in the Media industry.
- A thorough understanding of television equipment and technology, including various VTR formats, satellite receivers, routers, captioning hardware, quality control devices and distribution paths.
- Have practical experience using broadcast automation systems including server-based recording and playback devices and related software applications.
- Computer skills including: Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Have excellent communications skills and be willing to contribute to a team environment.
- May be required to work evenings, over-nights, weekends, and holidays.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please submit your resume directly to: Human Resources Manager, Jen Spencer at [email protected]. Application Deadline: Aug. 24th, 2022