There is an immediate opening for an Irregular Part-time Master Control/Production Operator in the CHEK Operations Department.
- 2+ years of experience working in the Media industry.
- A thorough understanding of television equipment and technology, including various VTR formats, satellite receivers, routers, captioning hardware, quality control devices and distribution paths.
- Have practical experience using broadcast automation systems including server-based recording and playback devices and related software applications.
- Computer skills including: Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Have excellent communications skills and be willing to contribute to a team environment.
- Experience using traffic broadcast management software, specifically SDS, would be an asset.
The following is a paraphrase of primary duties and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities of this position. The successful applicant will be required to work both in Master and Production Control as required:
- This is a group 2 position under the current collective agreement
- Ensure reliable playback of programming and commercial content and edit playlist as required.
- Ingest, segment, and check audio and video levels on media from various formats and sources, to ensure optimal playback quality.
- Duties will include relief Master Control, Production Audio. switching
- Build traffic logs, maintain daily reports, and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- May be required to work evenings, over-nights, weekends, and holidays.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please submit your resume directly to:
Human Resources Manager
E-Mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: August 1, 2021
CHEK NEWS is Your Island’s Own — independent and employee-owned!
CHEK has served Vancouver Island since 1956. It was the first private TV station in BC. In September 2009, with overwhelming support from communities across Vancouver Island, CHEK employees and local investors purchased the station to ensure the Island’s most watched news remained on-air. In January 2010, the employees of CHEK NEWS were honored with a national award for Journalistic Integrity by the Canadian Journalism Foundation.
Applicants from other stations should be aware that the position will be filled on a new-hire basis. Our employees, by way of this job posting, have been made aware that this career opportunity exists.