Here at CHEK News we are expanding at a rapid rate. We have a highly skilled and creative newsroom and are looking for someone with strong leadership and a visual skillset to oversee the number one newscast in the market. A rare opportunity to join and help lead an established news team in one of Canada’s most desirable cities, Victoria. The right person understands the current media landscape and the craft of line producing, with strong news sense and can lead and support a positive, passionate environment.
The vision of the role:
- You are a team leader
- You are a mentor and coach and inspire others to be their best.
- You embrace change and collaboratively solve problems.
- You have a strong vision for production and look of our casts.
- You are detailed oriented and can stay on task while helping others.
- You’re curious and bring a range of life experiences and perspectives to our team.
- Degree in journalism or equivalent with minimum 5 years of recent, related experience
- This role is a Group 3 position as per the Collective Agreement
- Help guide the newsroom and support building an editorial plan for the day
- Establish the look, flow, energy, and pace of the daily line up.
- Write, vet, and edit scripts, stories, and video for our nightly newscasts.
- Work with our anchors, reporters, and assignment desk to create the nightly newscasts
- Co-ordinate with the control room to execute our live casts
- Look forward and anticipate the content and direction of our casts.
CHEK Full-time employees are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
This position reports to the News Director, Scott Fee
Please submit a resume and relevant links in your cover letter by Aug. 2, 2022 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager