CHEK is looking for a highly competitive digital news editor to develop and champion its digital-first strategy.
The position is for 16 hours per week Saturdays and Sundays. From time to time the successful applicant will fill in on weekdays.
- Experienced multimedia journalist
- Relevant post secondary diploma or degree
- Video editing and graphics skills an asset
- Responsible for creation and editing of on-line content and social media
- Work with news team to ensure content is customized for maximize value on each platform
- Develop and implement strategies to grow distribution on current and emerging social media
- Work with digital team in redevelopment of website and app
- Analyze digital metrics
This is a new position reporting to news director, Scott Fee.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by Sept 15, 2021 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager
CHEK Media Group