CHEK is growing and we are looking for a strong online storyteller who loves news.
It’s a terrific opportunity to join our creative, experienced, and skilled newsroom. Based in Victoria, CHEK is the number one multimedia outlet on Vancouver Island and one of the most watched stations in the region. Enjoy a rare work life balance in this industry, with a 4-day work week and a weekend rotation.
- You love news.
- Thrive under tight deadlines.
- Know what it takes to make a story pop and be engaging for our readers
- Love finding stories and creating new angles to ongoing coverage.
- Take pride in how our social platforms engage people.
- Love to be part of a team and create a positive working environment.
- Strong understanding of Vancouver Island and surrounding region
This is a Group 2 position under the current collective agreement. This is a position reporting to News Director, Scott Fee. CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada. Full-time employees of CHEK are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
This position reports to the News Director, Scott Fee.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by June 10, 2022 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager