CHEK is expanding its already significant digital presence. We are looking for a talented, innovative, digital news editor to improve on-line delivery, develop and grow our audience reach and improve interaction.
- Experienced multimedia journalist
- Relevant post secondary diploma or degree
- Excels under pressure
- Video editing and graphics skills an asset
- Lead, support and motivate a team of journalists in digital first strategy
- Responsible for creation and editing of on-line content and social media
- Work with news team to ensure content is customized for maximized value on each platform
- Develop and implement strategies to grow distribution on current and emerging social media
- Analyze digital metrics
CHEK is the only independent, employee-owned television station in Canada. It has the most watched news and the highest online engagement on Vancouver Island.
Full-time employees of CHEK are expected to participate in the employee share ownership program after one year of employment.
This position reports to the News Director, Scott Fee
Please submit a resume and covering letter by September 24 2021 to:
Peggy Heyer, Human Resource Manager
CHEK Media Group