A fire in a Langford home has claimed the life of a family pet.
A neighbour alerted firefighters of heavy smoke coming out of the basement suite.
It happened Saturday around three in the afternoon at Knotty Pine Road and Orono Avenue.
Most of the damage is inside the lower unit.
hen firefighters arrived there was a large amount of smoke inside and a significant amount of fire.
They believe the fire started in the kitchen area.
The couple who lives there were not inside at the time, but, unfortunately, their dog was killed in the fire.