Key Strengths of Television
- Television has the highest daily and weekly reach of any medium in Canada.
- Television can deliver narrow target audiences through placement of commercials in selected programmes.
- Television is the main source for news, sports, entertainment and general knowledge.
- Television is cost efficient for most target groups.
- Television has an aura of importance. It is a prestigious medium, enhancing the advertisers’ image by its use.
- Television appeals to more of the consumers’ senses than any other medium.
- Television gets closer to one-to-one communication than any other mass medium.
- With television, a powerful, emotional impact can be created.
- Television can create high impact with viewers by offering dynamic and visual messages.
Here are just a few testimonials from satisfied clients:
David Nicholson, Queensbury Securities
“In more than 27 years of sales and/or marketing promotions, we’ve never experienced results like we have with CHEK. Within days of the first airing we booked appointments with interested parties. We’re looking forward to our advertising continuing over the next year and beyond.”
Stephen Olson, Executive Director, Royal Oak Burial Park
“Please accept my sincere thanks for the exceptional and ongoing service you are providing to us and our advertising account with CHEK TV. Your input and prompt attention to our needs are greatly appreciated.
We are very pleased with the results being achieved through our television advertising program with CHEK TV. It is a constant struggle to know where to put limited marketing dollars (especially in our business) and doubly difficult to track tangible results when we do make a decision.
I am pleased to report the response to our CHEK advertising has been significant, measurable and is ongoing in nature. Many people comment on seeing our ads and speak positively about the content and message we attempt to convey. Kudos to you and to your production team for making this part of our marketing program work so successfully at Royal Oak Burial Park.
I will admit originally being skeptical about advertising our services on TV, but am now 100% convinced of the unmatched effectiveness of television’s ability to make a visual, instant and positive impact on viewers (as consumers). You can be assured that TV advertising will, on a go forward basis, always be considered a primary focus area of our marketing. Once again, my thanks to you for your service and to CHEK Media Group generally for keeping your operations community based and community focused.”
Anney Fagan, Marketing Coordinator, Highland Pacific Golf
“Dear Howard, I just wanted to send a note letting you know about the fantastic results Highland Pacific has experienced since running ads on CHEK during PGA events and the evening news. We have had countless customers let us know that they saw the ads. More importantly, their comments always include compliments on how good the golf course looks in the ad, and how well it reflects our business. At this early stage of our business growth we take our branding very seriously and we want all of our advertising to reflect the high quality experience that our customers receive when they visit Highland Pacific. We really appreciate your initiative in approaching us with the concept of running these ads. You made the planning, purchase and creative development as smooth as possible and your service is far superior to most media that I deal with in Victoria.
We fully support all efforts that CHEK is making to remain a part of the community here in Victoria and we want you to know that we hope to continue to work with CHEK in the future.”
Linda Bishop, General Manager, Highgate Lodge
“Highgate Lodge has been utilizing CHEK as and advertising medium for several months. I am very pleased to inform you, that the tangible results we have achieved to date, have more than exceeded our expectations!
We thought originally, that CHEK primarily would enhance, and reinforce our marketing efforts within Greater Victoria. It did do that, but as well, created awareness among Seniors across the Island, and Greater Vancouver due to the geographical reach of television.”
How to Buy Television Advertising
Here are some helpful starting points. In television, just like any other medium, it’s all about putting the right creative in front of the right audience and having this audience see the message a number of times.
What we try to do at CHEK Television, is place your message in front of the audience you want to attract in the most cost-efficient and effective way possible.
- What is the age of the customer you want to engage? For example, if you are a car dealership, you might be after Adults 18+. If you are a furniture store and want to attract homeowners, you might look at Adults 35+.
- Does your product or service cater to females rather than males or vice-versa? Some of our programming may cater more to males or females.
- Are you after a higher household income? Some of our programming targets people with higher educations and higher household incomes.
- Are you interested in a brand or image campaign or a sale/event campaign? Generally speaking, in a brand or image campaign, you want fewer occasions over a longer period of time, and with a sale/event campaign you need more frequent occasions in a shorter period of time.
- What is your projected starting time?
- What is your monthly budget? Everyone has to deal with budgets. At CHEK, we have a product for most every budget. Television airtime is more affordable than people think.