Photo: Lisa Duncan-Reda
A Cowichan Valley landmark appears to have been badly damaged by fire tonight.
Witnesses report seeing flames at the Quamichan Inn on Maple Bay Road at around 11:30 p.m.
One eyewitness said “I saw flames from my porch. So sad. (It is) a landmark in our neighbourhood.”
Another said “Sad to see Quamichan Inn on fire. Great memories there.”
The nearby Lion Rampant Pub tweeted “So sad to hear that our friends at the Quamichan Inn are dealing with a large fire at the building.”
According to Tourism Cowichan, the Quamichan Inn has been in the heart of the Cowichan Valley for over 100 years but viewer Tim Owen writes that the Inn was opened by his parents in 1969 and prior to that was simply a house
MORE TO COME
Photo: [email protected]