A pair of good samaritans helped put out a fire in an Esquimalt apartment building Monday afternoon.
The fire began on the outside deck of a second floor apartment in the 1300 block of Esquimalt Road at about 1:45 pm.
Crews arrived to find two neighbours trying to extinguish the blaze.
With the help of CFB and municipal fire fighters the fire was quickly extinguished with the damage contained to the outside space.
Officials say it’s too early to speculate on a cause but witnesses said it looked like a BBQ may have been to blame.
There were no injuries.